So I’ve got a question. I want to start keeping my pubic hair groomed. Should I shave or wax my vagina? I have some friends who prefer to wax, but I know it can be very expensive and I’ve heard that it can be painful. What is the best way to go?
Both shaving and waxing have their advantages and disadvantages, and at the end of the day, it is a matter of personal choice. I personally prefer waxing.
Here are some of the pros and cons of each hair removal method:
Waxing – the pro’s:
- Waxing needs to be done less frequently than shaving, as the re-growth usually takes a few weeks to come back.
- Waxing generally gives you a smoother feel than shaving.
- The re-growth usually gets thinner after a while.
- You don’t have to deal with razor cuts or nicks.
Waxing – the cons:
- Waxing can be quite a painful experience, especially in the sensitive area between the outer labia and the inner labia.
- You have to let the hair grow back to a certain length before it can be waxed again.
- Waxing can be quite expensive (when done professionally at a salon).
- Waxing can cause ingrown hairs.
- You might get wax burns or scarring (although this is less likely if you have a good aesthetician).
Shaving – the pro’s:
- Shaving is much cheaper than waxing, and unlike waxing, can easily be done at home.
- You do not have to allow the hair to grow out to a certain length before shaving again (unlike with waxing).
- If shaving is done properly, ingrown hairs can be avoided.
Shaving – the cons:
- Shaving often leaves black / visible stubble.
- The re-growth appears within one to three days, and can be spiky and uncomfortable.
- The re-growth does not get thinner over time.
- If you are not careful, you might get nicks and cuts from shaving.